Parenting Without Conflict
Online co-parenting course
- saves the court time and resources
- reduces court appearances
- protects children as the family reorganizes
$139.99* + $5 processing fee
*discounted rates for qualifying parents
- 12 hours or 6 hours
- videos, reading, quizzes, journals, exercises
- married and never-married parents
- addresses alienation and domestic violence
- English and Spanish
Four basic relationship and conflict resolution skills
- flexible thinking
- managed emotions
- moderate behaviors
- checking yourself
- immunize families from becoming high conflict
- reduce existing conflict in cases already identified as "high conflict"
- increase child's well-being
- encourage settlement instead of litigation
- effective client engagement & client management
Parents register for & complete the course on their own
Parents learn & practice 4 key skills
Parents are introduced to the decisions that will need to be made in the future
Parents are more prepared to effectively engage in professional services & decision-making
Parents learn skills for successful co-parenting
Who Can Refer Clients To This Course?
- family court judicial officers
- Mental health professionals
- forensic evaluators
- parenting coordinators
- family court services
- any family law professional
If court-ordered, best results will occur if both parents complete Parenting Without Conflict at the beginning of the case. That way, both parents learn the skills necessary to manage their emotions and engage in the decision making process before conflict and emotions escalate.
The course can be taken at any time, not just at the beginning of a case. It is helpful at any point.
Where is it being used?
Parenting Without Conflict online parenting course is used in many jurisdictions in the U.S., Canada, Australia and other countries.
The skills learned in this course are applicable in any system, jurisdiction and process because they teach new skills instead of focusing purely on child development and basic parenting.
Can it be used in high-conflict cases?
Because it is skills-based, it helps parents at any level of conflict learn new skill for coparenting and even basic parenting. It helps to calm potentially high-conflict cases before they go to court and make big decisions. Some jurisdictions routinely order all cases involving children to take the class because it helps calm everyone.
Can parents take this class voluntarily, without a court order?
Yes! They can sign up here.
The skills learned will help each parent work more productively with professionals during the decision making process.
Is it research-based?
Yes, it is based on a wide range of ideas and research from different sources which are used to help families, including:
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy
- Child-Inclusive Mediation
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
Who created Parenting Without Conflict?
Bill Eddy, LCSW, Esq., president of High Conflict Institute, created this dynamic training for parents in a positive, “no blame, no shame” context that focuses on skills for successful future co-parenting—rather than focusing on bad past behavior.